The Obvious Contradictions - Where America Goes Blind
Contradictions do not normally need any explanations because they are so obviously ridiculous - that is unless we refuse to acknowledge or recognize them.What follows is a short list of the more obvious contradictions that Americans seem content to put up with.... Some of the contradictions are addressed in the form of a question.
This will be updated as more come to light.
1. Choice assigns pregnant women the unilateral right to decide to have an abortion or not. Fathers of these babies have no say in this decision primarily because they are not the ones who are carrying the baby even though the baby would not be present without him.
2. Mothers have all the say prior to birth yet after birth are told that it takes a village to raise a child.
3. Minors need their parents' consent to get their ears pierced, have an appendectomy or other medical procedure with the exception of procuring an abortion.
4. All states allow for abortion of an unborn baby; criminals who kill a pregnant mother can be charged with two murders in 20 plus states.
5. Dennis Rodman goes to North Korea and touts the goodness of a dictator that continues to sentence dissenters into concentration camps. Is that why Rodman seems so agreeable with Kim? He doesn't want to be put in one! Yet, he refuses to defend the rights of his fellow American sentenced to 15 years of hard labor just because he wanted to bring the message of the Bible to N. Korea.
6. The US couldn't launch a rescue mission to Benghazi according to the president, but Syria is more of a national interest than the lives of the 50 people in Benghazi.
7. Help me, Harlan (regular columnist for St. Paul Pioneer Press) offers this advice on 9-10-2013 to Conflicted (when asked: If I have a girlfriend back home and I want to have sex in college, what do I do? I still have feelings for my girlfriend but I feel conflicted."). Have sex with yourself, break up with your girlfriend and date other girls ... Don't cheat! Wait to see if the idea of random sex with random girls is worth losing what you have. " And what is that Harlan? You already told him to break up with his girlfriend and have sex with himself. As if that will be fulfilling and non-cheating! Maybe this advice counselor needs counseling.
8. CBS reported that people with Down Syndrome may hold the keys to our understanding of Alzheimer Disease. After all, about 50% of these people get Alzheimer Disease by the age of 40; the remainder don't exhibit the Disease yet have plague buildup on the brain. Nearly 90% of all parents given the prenatal diagnosis of Trisomy 21 elect to have an abortion. Doesn't look like we will be having any answers for Alzheimer Disease in the near future...
9. There are only a few (rare exception) Catholic schools (in the nation) that willingly admit and recruit children with special needs - even though the Church is solidly against abortion of these children. That includes CCD religious educational programs as well.
10. The American people want answers for the IRS scandal, Benghazi, the NSA email scandal but don't get them from the people they vote into office. Will they keep voting for these incumbents anyway?
11. Why do we only have term limits on the office of the President?
12. America is concerned about eating disorders, yet the only one talked about openly involves those regarding over eating and being overweight.
13. The Assad regime has been the sole protector of the Christian sects in Syria according to some articles.
14. America did nothing during the genocide in Rwanda; over 1 million people were slaughtered by government sponsored tribal peoples.
15. We are the richest country in the world, yet we can't lift the poor out of poverty. Since the War on Poverty was launched, we have more Americans in poverty than when it began.
16. Women's health issues focus on how to avoid being a wife and mother - by choice.
17. Men's health issues center principally on how to be sexually active.
18. Contraception was touted as being the thing that would save and improve upon marriages; since its nearly worldwide use, marriage rates have fallen and divorce rates have skyrocketed.
19. We are in a time of economic sequestering - we even had to limit air traffic controller hours, cut back on national park services, and close the White House to tours; suddenly we have 100 million dollars available to send cruise missiles into Syria.
20. Kids are out but pets are in.