Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Friends,

I haven't been posting as much these past several months because I have been knee deep in reading abstracts, studies, and writing chapters for my next book targeted for the college crowd. Jackie Hilgert will once again edit this book for me and make it printable; then I will take it to the U of St. Thomas (first) . I will present the book as the major cornerstone for a course that studies the college culture and it's effect on the well being of students. It will be entitled Social Capital at Catholic Colleges. I would like to teach it within the Catholic Studies program. It may be a pipe dream but let's see if I can turn it into reality. I would appreciate your prayers that it becomes real.

Also, whenever you see a blog that you like please share it with others. I hope to increase my followings from 7 to 70 this year. With your help that may be possible.

Secondly, I unearthed the following poem written by Mother Teresa which I would like to share with you today. It seems so perfect for the Christmas season. I hope you enjoy it. I also hope that you and your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (2011).

Life

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is a sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment